Deep thoughts, by Valerie
I WORKED OUT TODAY!!! I'm so proud of myself, after not having exercised for a week and a half. I worked out 4 times in January and hope to do at least 8 times in February. This may not seem like a bit deal to those of you who are already fitness fanatics, but I am extremely disinclined to physical activity of any sort and would much rather be reading a book...or Blog Surfing (TM). I feel so much better when I do exercise regularly, and it keeps me healthy for my family, too.
We watched the movie, "Monster House" with our 7 year old today. I have to say I would not recommend this movie. Not only was the plot quite tedious, but in an effort to be hip and funny, the young characters in the movie constantly insult each other and everyone else around them. I'm not above watching a cartoon movie with some up-to-the-minute gags and comedy (I liked "Hoodwinked", for example,) but this was very unfunny.
You have to be tough to live in Minnesota. It has been extremely cold even for here lately, with dangerous wind chills--10 minutes outside and you start to get frostbite. I left the house at about 8:30 tonight to go work out. As I'm pulling out of the driveway, I nearly run into A MAN WALKING HIS DOG! Right then on the radio, the announcer states, "It's negative 7 outside with a wind chill of minus 31. So, you might want to wear a sweater." It pays to listen to our favorite Minnesota weatherman, Sven Sundgaard.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home